The LINCS Community is a virtual professional learning space for adult educators and stakeholders. Launched in September 2012, the community has nearly 9,000 members from across the nation. Members create personal profiles and join groups of interest to engage in discussions focused on critical topics to the field of adult education. Topical groups are supported by moderators who facilitate conversation, share relevant resources, and coordinate special episodic events such as guest discussions or expert-led webinars.
Benefits of joining the LINCS Community include the opportunity to:
- Learn and share in discussion groups focused on 16 different topics critical to adult education
- Interact with subject matter experts
- Network with peers across the country
- Access information on the latest news and events in the field of adult education
Additional features of the LINCS Community include:
- An announcements feed with LINCS and OCTAE news
- Featured resources from the LINCS Resource Collection
- An events calendar of professional development opportunities in the field
- A feed of the latest Tweets from @LINCS_ED
- Member engagement features such as a Like button and polls
- A Help section with how-to documents and training videos
- A Contact Us form to connect members with the community’s leadership team
Access the community at https://community.lincs.ed.gov/.