[Assessment 1153] Re: {Dangerous Content?} RE: No Questions or Comments?!

andresmuro at aol.com andresmuro at aol.com
Thu Feb 7 13:02:04 EST 2008

Ted:

How would the employer know the language that Julian took the GED in?
In most states the certificate does not tell you the Language. Texas is one of the few states that tells you the language. However, it is so hard to find that most people wouldn't even know. I have a hard time finding the language reference even though I have seen millions of certificates. Fact is most employers don't even know that people can take the GED in anything other than English, don't ask and do not scrutinize certificates to figure out scores, language, etc. A few might, but the majority don't. For low literacy Spanish speakers it may take them a couple of years to be ready to take the GED in Spanish. It make take them 2 more years to be ready for the English GED. Would you rather hold them two more years. They can take the GED in Spanish and continue to study English. Once they have sufficient English, they can decide if they want to take it in English or to move on to other things.

Andres