[Assessment 1224] Re: (no subject)

Forrest Chisman forrest at crosslink.net
Fri Feb 8 22:11:57 EST 2008

Very sad. This seems to be the story of WIB coordinating councils in most areas. There are some cities (Pittsburg and Hartford come to mind) where there are independent local literacy councils that seem to be able to coordinate things pretty well. Absent that, having a single comprehensive lead provider seems to be the only way to get coordination. That seems to be one reason why a growing number of states have channeled all their funding through Community College Boards – which then sub-contract with other providers in various ways.

Forrest