[Assessment 1226] Re: (no subject)

Forrest Chisman forrest at crosslink.net
Fri Feb 8 22:30:48 EST 2008

I think that it's almost entirely a matter of resources, Both the feds and
the states are willing to pay for student contact hours, but not much to
help improve the skills teachers bring to the "contact." Ultimately, this is
a policy/budgetary issue at the highest levels, I think. And the ESL field
as well as others will have to organize themselves to fight for it in the
corridors of power.