[Assessment 1264] FW: Building Alliances - OPEN Discussion related to WE LEARN Conference

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue Feb 19 13:38:36 EST 2008

Open Invitation to Join a WE LEARN Sponsored Discussion

Women continue to be separated by culture, language, literacy,
geography; our differences are profound. The daily lives of women in
adult basic/literacy education remain especially complex due to
inequities based on race, class, gender, and other diversities. WE LEARN
5th Annual (Net)Working Gathering & Conference on Women & Literacy will
explore the differences that divide women and look to ways of building
alliances across those differences.

In the spirit of building alliances and networking opportunities, WE
LEARN invites everyone to participate in the key conference themes
through discussion & information sharing forums offered by two key
collaborators:
NIFL Poverty, Race, Women and Literacy Listserv and Adult Literacy
Education Wiki.

We offer these opportunities in order to experiment with a format for
integrating technology (distance learning) into the WE LEARN conference
and into our general networking goals for WE LEARN as an organization.

We encourage you to join the conference discussions -- Building
Alliances [Discussing Diversity and Power Issues].
For more details please visit:
http://www.litwomen.org/conferences/2008/08conf_dl.html

Reminder: DEADLINE to Pre-Register for the conference is February 23,
2008.
For registration information & forms, visit:
http://www.litwomen.org/conference.html

Building Alliances / Construyendo Alianzas
March 7 -8, 2008 at Fordham Univ. at Lincoln Center, NYC

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Director
welearn at litwomen.org

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910