[Assessment 1287] FW: WE LEARN seeks teachers' viewpoints ... and other news

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue Apr 8 11:05:58 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I wanted to forward you all this request for papers - I realize that
this isn't focused on assessment - but I was thinking that perhaps there
are folks out there who do work with women in various contexts in which
you need to be doing assessment. And so I'm curious: have you found
differences when doing assessment in terms of working with men and
women? If so, can you talk about this a little bit here? And I also
would encourage anyone with interest to write for the publication.

Assessment Discussion List Moderator

*********************************

April News Briefs from WE LEARN

*** Call for Writings from ABE Practitioners (especially teachers) ***
Empowering Women through Literacy: Views from Experience
Edited by Mev Miller, Ed.D. and Kathleen King, Ed.D.
We invite practitioners working in adult basic/literacy education --
classroom teachers, educators, tutors, adimistrators, and researchers --
to make a proposal for what you'd like to contribute to a book of
writings and artwork by adult basic education teachers/educators
addressing women's literacy issues.
Topics Explored: Barriers and Challenges to Discussing Women's Issues in
Literacy Classes or Addressing Them in Programs;
Experiences Empowering Women in Literacy; Contextual Approaches for
Empowering Women in Literacy
Deadline for Proposals: May 30, 2008
For more details, please visit:
http://www.litwomen.org/educators/newbook.html

*** Participate in creating the April 2008 newsletter.... ***
News? Women-Centered lesson plans? Reflections on participating in
Women's Perspectives #3? Please send us items for the newsletter... The
writing doesn't need to be long - but we'd like your input, pictures,
artwork....
DEADLINE for newsletter submissions - April 15, 2008

*** Women's Perspectives #3 is now available. ***
This issue focuses on Women & Money. For more details, please visit:
http://www.litwomen.org/perspectives.html

WE LEARN members.... The April Newsletter will be mailed by the end of
the month along with the 2007 Annual Report. The newsletter will include
information from the conference, listing of new resources, and many
other fun stories. If you would like to receive a copy by mail, please
be sure your membership is current. If you have received a renewal
notice, please renew right away in order to receive the newsletter. Not
yet a member? Please join us. You may use the Internet to join
[https://secure.groundspring.org/dn/index.php?aid=21802 ] or download
the form: http://www.litwomen.org/membership.html#form

Happy Spring

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Director
welearn at litwomen.org

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910