[Assessment 1290] GED-i COABE Session and Recption

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Mon Apr 21 20:26:37 EDT 2008

Colleagues, some of you may be interested in the following post.

Marie Cora
Assessment Discussion List Moderator

Hi All,

I am excited to share information about the GED-i Project at this year's
COABE Conference. The GED-i curriculum is an interactive and instructor
facilitated online curriculum that is aligned with the skill sets adult
learners need to develop in order to be successful. The practice
components in the curriculum replicate what the learner will experience
in the GED exam.

GED-i Curriculum Information
* 102 interactive lessons with 220 learning checks and
supplemental lessons for additional skills.
* 23 unit reviews presented in a multiple-choice format reflective
of the GED exam.
* 37 drill and practice worksheets that reflect the content of the
lessons.
* Pre- and Post-surveys for each module provide direction for
instruction and learning, and are presented as multiple-choice exams
similar to what is included in the GED test.

Other GED-i Highlights
Curricular pieces also include a flash animation activity that provides
instruction on how to use the GED calculator; specific lessons relating
to both writing and scoring the GED Essay; and lessons regarding filling
out the alternate format grids. There is also a Consumer Education
curriculum piece to focus not only on preparing for the GED Tests but
also on necessary life skills associated with success in daily life.

What's New
The GED-i is happy to announce a NEW WAY to ACCESS GED-i for use in a
classroom/lab setting beginning in Fall 2008. The GED-i Classroom will
enable users access to the curriculum from designated computers at their
program. If you are looking for an online curriculum that is
field-tested, nationally recognized, and is in alignment with the GED
Tests, the GED-i Classroom will meet your needs.

For More Information
We continually hear from program administrators that this distance
learning option provides their students with an avenue for continued
classroom participation and success. As a very field driven project -
we continually grow and improve based on input from administrators,
instructors, and adult learners. In order to learn more about GED-i
and the GED-i Classroom, you can visit www.info.ged-i.org or attend an
informational meeting at the COABE Conference.

COABE Conference, St. Louis, MO
The GED-i - What You Need To Know Meeting
Monday, April 28, 2008
5:30PM-7:30PM
St. Louis Room A (Fourth Floor)
(Snacks and refreshments will be served.)

COABE Conference, St. Louis MO
The 3 Rs of GED-I: Recruitment + Retention = Results!