[Assessment 1293] Re: Assessment metaphors, the state of the art of assessment, and the America's Promise Alliance study

Laurie Bercovitz bercovitzl at thecenterweb.org
Tue Apr 22 13:11:45 EDT 2008

More Assessment Metaphors:

Know which utensils serve what purposes - knives have their uses, but so
do forks, teaspoons, soup spoons, salad forks, spatulas, etc. Some or
all may be needed to follow a recipe.

You need drawers that can hold all the different utensils so that the
correct ones are available as needed.

You need a kitchen that can accommodate all the drawers - remodeling
might be necessary.