[Assessment 1297] Student Self-Assessment

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Mon May 5 10:24:23 EDT 2008

Hi everyone, I hope this email finds you well. The List has been pretty
quiet the past month or so - I've been extremely busy and perhaps you
all have as well. I hope everyone is enjoying spring.

I have wanted for some time to ask you about student self-assessment.
Do you use this in your classroom or program? What does it look like?
Are the students involved in developing their own assessments? How does
this fit with other types of testing and assessment that go on in your
program? What are the advantages and what are the challenges of
employing student self assessment?

Please let us know if student self assessment is something that you
incorporate and describe it for us. If we get a bunch of examples, I
will collect these and post them for everyone's access.

Thanks!!

<mailto:marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com> marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
NIFL Assessment Discussion List Moderator