[Assessment 1387] Re: Seeking your discussion topic ideas

O'Connor, Susan S.Oconnor at BrooklynPublicLibrary.org
Mon Sep 8 10:07:25 EDT 2008

Good Morning:

Young Adult Literacy-we are embarking on running two classes for young adults ages 16-24 who read below a 6th grade reading level. So techniques and assessments for this special group-pre GED level.

Susan K. O'Connor
Director, Literacy Program
Brooklyn Public Library
431 6th Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11215
(718) 832-3560 x 5 (718) 832-9032 fax (917) 848-2176 Cell

A library must reflect what is best in a community and reach out to all people. If citizens are to safeguard civil liberties, elect wise officials, make sense of the news and negotiate public policy with other citizens in an ever more diverse society-libraries must be strong.