[Assessment 1399] Re: Seeking your discussion topic ideas

John Benseman john.benseman at criticalinsight.co.nz
Mon Sep 8 16:33:18 EDT 2008

Marie - I would be interested in discussing the assessment of confidence. It
is the number one outcome that learners report in most studies, it is sort
of acknowledged (but then quickly dismissed as a 'soft' outcome) by policy
and funding people and, I believe, underpins many of the other outcomes
learners achieve - for example, I'm sure that many reading assessments
increase at least in part because learners gain the confidence to use skills
they already have.

So, confidence: how important is it, how do we measure it and how can we use
the findings in a way that policy and funding people will listen to?

Regards, John

John Benseman

* john.benseman at criticalinsight.co.nz

* 641 9 627 1882 Cell 027 454 0683

* 52a Bolton St, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland 0600, NZ

Skype: boltonstbunch

_____