[Assessment 1404] Re: Seeking your discussion topic ideas

Will Fagan wfagan at mun.ca
Tue Sep 9 08:51:38 EDT 2008

Earlier someone suggested information on assessing confidence. I
agree we need to look at these parameters of learning.

Also I would suggest a discussion on how we measure fluency. We know
what this is in separating the novice from the expert, whether in
cooking, carpentry, sewing, providing medical service, etc. I assume
our goal in learning situations is to produce or enable experts. How
do we measure fluency as part of this expertise?

Will