[Assessment 1407] Re: Seeking your discussion topic ideas

Wendy Quinones teacherwendyq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:37:50 EDT 2008

I also like the suggestions so far, especially Carol's about ESOL
transitions into ABE (at whatever level), Michael's about assessing
metacognition and higher order thinking skills, and Robert's about
instructional assessment. There was a discussion about "formative
assessment" (usually teacher-made, designed for specific curriculum elements
and non-standardized) on the PD list a while ago, but it was a bit abstract
-- I'd like more of a how-to discussion on that.

Wendy Quinones
Educational consultant