[Assessment 1467] Re: Thinking about the NIFL_How ELLs access information

Grulich, Laura lgrulich at dycd.nyc.gov
Wed Nov 19 10:41:28 EST 2008

Colleagues:
I am new to the list, so bear with me...
This is not a direct response to your question but may be related?
I am working with Community Based ESL and Literacy programs in NYC's
five boroughs.
My question is - has there been, or do you know of, a study or site that
has researched how immigrants (and others wanting to learn and improve
their English) access information about available programs and
information?
For instance, is it primarily through newspapers, flyers, radio,
television, internet, word-of-mouth?
I appreciate your sharing information and ideas in this inquiry.

Laura Grulich