[Assessment 1512] Re: what is the definition of data

Marie Cora marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Thu Dec 11 12:19:09 EST 2008

Hi George and everyone,

Thanks so much for this question George. It is always good to start at the
beginning!

What do people think? I noted in a post earlier this week that my
definition of data is quite broad - I said that data pretty much equals
information - can't really get broader than that!

But I see where you are coming from George.

What do other people think? When you hear "data", what do you think about?
Is your idea more narrow or broader? Is it a scary term or a welcome term,
and why?

This discussion would speak directly to staff buy-in: if everyone has a
different idea of what data is and how it can be used, then that's tough. A
few folks have discussed related ideas to this in other posts.