[Assessment 1540] Re: Getting staff to use data

Roger Berg bergroger at mac.com
Wed Dec 17 10:20:23 EST 2008

As a former training manager I know that some companies would insist
on an exit test for employees. Lucent had exit tests. Employees had
to demonstrate that they had "passed" the course. These examinations
were not perfunctory. There is a body research that indicates that
managers who monitor the specifics of the knowledge and skills that
were trained get a bigger bang for their training buck. Both of these
outcome measures are not the norm but they do occur. In the ed biz
and adult ed biz we usually do neither. As a tenured full professor
at the University of Nebrasksa , I have taught ed grad courses. Most
ed grad degrees are long on theory and woefully short on practice.
Biz training is short of theory and longer on practice. And Adult Ed
professional development is...

Roger Berg
Strategic/Community Planner
Literacy Program of Greater Plymouth at the Plymouth Public Library
11 Hall Street
Plymouth, MA 02360
508 746 6345
roger_berg at mac.com