[HealthLiteracy 6242] Feedback Wanted: Health Literacy and Prevention

Langhans, Ellen C. (HHS/OASH) Ellen.Langhans at hhs.gov
Mon Oct 17 11:03:10 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

How can we better communicate and promote prevention? To help answer this question and in honor of Health Literacy Month, @healthfinder is hosting a Twitter chat along with @HealthLitMo and @HRSAgov on October 20, 2011, at 2 p.m. EST, using the hashtag #healthlit. We would love for you to join, and ask that you'll help us to promote the chat as well! Please find sample tweets, Facebook posts, and email language below.

Insights shared from the chat will help inform ODPHP's own efforts in supporting and promoting prevention through its healthfinder.gov Web site and communications. We appreciate any contributions to the conversation and hope you'll join us! If you have questions, please let me know. For those that have already tweeted, RTed, and posted about the Twitter chat and @healthfinder-thank you!

Best,

Ellen Langhans, MA | Health Communication & eHealth Fellow
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
US Department of Health and Human Services
1101 Wootton Parkway, LL-100
Rockville, MD 20852
240-453-8274 | Ellen.Langhans at hhs.gov<mailto:Silje.Lier at hhs.gov>

*********************
Sample Tweets

* Help us recognize #HealthLit Month. Join us in a Twitter chat to discuss how we can better communicate and promote #prevention: http://1.usa.gov/oV7yqe.

* How can we better communicate and promote #prevention? Join us in a Twitter chat: 10/20, 2pm EST. Details: http://1.usa.gov/oV7yqe. #healthlit

* Join us and @healthfinder in Twitter chat on how we can better promote #prevention, 10/20 at 2pm EST: http://1.usa.gov/oV7yqe. Hashtag: #healthlit
Sample Facebook Posts

* How can we better communicate and promote #prevention? Bring your ideas and share them with @healthfinder, @HealthLitMo, and @HRSAgov in a Twitter chat on October 20, 2011, at 2 p.m. EST: http://1.usa.gov/oV7yqe.

* October is Health Literacy Month! Join us @healthfinder, @HealthLitMo, and @HRSAgov in a Twitter chat on October 20, 2011, at 2 p.m. EST to discuss how we can improve health literacy and better promote prevention: http://1.usa.gov/oV7yqe.

Consumer Email Language
Subject: Join us in a Twitter chat-October 20

October is Health Literacy Month! Do you have ideas on how we can improve health literacy and better promote prevention? Join healthfinder.gov in a Twitter chat<http://healthfinder.gov/prevention/ACA-crosswalk.aspx> on October 20, 2011, at 2 p.m. EST to discuss and brainstorm ideas, using the hashtag #healthlit.
Prevention plays a key role is helping us be healthy and stay healthy. Insights gained from the chat will help inform our prevention efforts and help us better serve you and improve your health. We hope you'll plan to join us.
For more information, visit healthfinder.gov<http://healthfinder.gov/prevention/ACA-crosswalk.aspx>.
Professional Email Language
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), many insurance plans are now required to cover the full cost of important preventive services-yet many Americans don't know this information or what it means to them.
In honor of Health Literacy Month, the Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is hosting a Twitter chat on October 20, 2011, at 2 p.m. EST to discuss and brainstorm ideas about how we can better improve health literacy and promote prevention.
Join healthfinder.gov, expert leaders, and prominent organizations in the field October 20th and bring your ideas into the conversation.
For more information, visit healthfinder.gov<http://healthfinder.gov/prevention/ACA-crosswalk.aspx>.