[Numeracy 12] Introduction

Myna Frestedt Myna.Frestedt at centralaz.edu
Wed Jan 20 17:38:25 EST 2010

Hello everyone. I teach math and mentor teachers in the Adult Basic
Education program at my college. I was fortunate to have participated in
the first round of TIAN workshops in Arizona. Just recently teachers in
my program used TIAN-related activities at an in-service to discuss how
we may address the numeracy needs of our students better. Our district
is spread out across a very large geographic area, so ongoing sharing is
difficult. We have set up an forum as a class in Black Board. Most of
our teachers have regular jobs and are only part time with us. I am
interested in hearing what other programs and teachers are doing in
adult math research. I'm also looking for good inter-disciplinary
activities for learners and teachers in programs like ours.

Myna

Myna Frestedt
GED Preceptor
CAC Casa Grande Center