[Numeracy 29] Re: What's in a name?

Mary Corso akamarilynmary at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:02:12 EST 2010

Hello Fellow Educators! I am Mary Corso, a reading teacher from an
alternative high school in NYC. I teach in a correctional setting; 16-18
year old males who are involved in the court system. The boys are in jail,
and so am I!! When I was attending Alfred University for my Masters Degree,
I had to take a course called numeracy in literacy and as a reading teacher
I panicked. But with the help of a superb instructor, I aced the class. I
am interested in numeracy because I approach if from a direction that is
comfortable to me. I see numeracy as the reading of numbers, making sense
of data, charts, graphs, and becoming fluent in microsoft excel. I look
foward to talking more with all of you! Mary

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Lauri Schoneck <SchonecL at seminolestate.edu