[Numeracy 37] Re: Hello

Rachel Lyon rlyon at lyon.k12.nv.us
Fri Jan 22 12:49:55 EST 2010

The calculators can be helpful - I, too, notice my students learning their multiplication facts or rather remembering them more as they use different tools. The problem with calculators is that if the student doesn't know the 'concept' of why he/she is doing something - word problems don't make sense. The student really needs to understand concepts in order to apply the knowledge to real life situations and to word problems on the test.