[Numeracy 90] Re: What are your thoughts...

Elizabeth Howell ehowell at nctc.edu
Tue Feb 2 14:20:03 EST 2010

Sorry for my delayed response...please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Elizabeth Howell, and I teach Developmental Math at North Central Texas College in Corinth Texas. Our college does have GED and ABE classes through our Lifelong Learning/Continuing Education department, but I teach remedial math courses to students pursuing an academic degree. I am very interested in the struggles that students have with mathematics, and it seems to me that so often their struggles stem from a lack of basic skills (numeracy) . Thus I have thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue and ideas you have shared over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the group :)

Elizabeth Howell
North Central Texas College
Department of College Preparatory Studies
ehowell at nctc.edu