[Numeracy 96] Re: hello

Linda Shilling-Burhans lshilling at cvabe.org
Wed Feb 3 10:07:06 EST 2010

Hi Jennifer, although yours is geared towards a degree, (and congratulations
on that) I think we are all trying to find those tactics and strategies for
our work. I really like the 'quickly remediated' part. If you do find that
I do hope you'll share. Right now I'm focusing on right brain math and what
s interesting is that left brained teachers (in my experience) can't stand
it. Seeing numbers in patterns or pictures is messing them up. And those who
have already gone the route of drill memorizing are also missing the point.
So, I'm starting with the one whom multiplication has eluded. First,
determining whether they are right or left brain learners. Not so easy to
find a definitive test on that. I took some and got different results every
time.
Does anyone out there know of a reliable test for right/left brained
learners that can be printed out and evaluated on paper?

Linda

Linda Shilling-Burhans
Community Coordinator
Central Vermont Adult Basic Education