[Numeracy 100] Re: hello

Clay, Anne aclay at gntc.edu
Thu Feb 4 14:21:56 EST 2010

In my opinion, the issues are about identifying what works, not focusing on left/right brain assessments. There are so many factors that affect learning, we could spend all our days doing assessments and never get around to teaching. From the basic intake forms and assessments, we should know if a student has problems with math (or anything else for that matter). If the indications are there, begin using other methods! If our brains are in tune, we should know not to keep on doing the “same ole stuff” since we should know what the result will be!

I’ll look for the R/L brain survey unless it crashed with my last computer.

Anne

Anne K. Clay, Lead Instructor
Polk Adult Education
Georgia Northwestern Technical College