[Numeracy 219] Quietness

Denney, Brooke denneyb at cowley.edu
Thu Mar 11 18:15:50 EST 2010

Hello All!

Things have been quite quiet on the list recently, which might seem like
a nice break considering how fast and furious the discussion has been
since it officially started. Some of you might have questioned whether
the list was still running or if you were still subscribed to the list.
Well, today, I have broken the silence to announce that I will be
attending COABE (Commission on Adult Basic Education) ProLiteracy 2010
Joint Conference next week in Chicago, Illinois. During the same time,
the Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) 16th Annual Meeting & Conference will
be held on Monday, March 15, 2010. I am a member of ANN and would like
to invite you to attend their pre-conference entitled, "Fractions,
Decimals, and Percents: Coming Together for Understanding" with me. It
is a great opportunity to gain a fresh perspective on a familiar math
concept and to meet me face-to-face. If you should miss me during the
pre-conference, I will be working at the LINCS exhibit on Wednesday from
12:30 PM until 3:00 PM. So stop by and introduce yourself to me, I
would love to meet you.

If you are interested in attending the conference, here is a link to the
registration website: http://coabeproliteracy2010.org/index2/

If you would like to become a member of ANN, here is a link to their
website: http://www.adultnumeracynetwork.org

See you in Chicago!

Brooke Denney

Math and Numeracy Discussion List Moderator