[Numeracy 244] Career Opportunity-President of Adult and Family Literacy Center

Daphne Greenberg alcdgg at langate.gsu.edu
Tue Mar 30 08:10:19 EDT 2010

This has come across my desk and thought that some of you may be interested:

Travis & Company has been retained by Dorcas Place (www.dorcasplace.org), a highly successful adult education and family literacy center, to recruit its new President. For nearly 30 years Dorcas Place Adult and Family Learning Center has been providing literacy and language programs annually to 1,000 low-literacy/language and low-income adults and their families. Dorcas Place was awarded the 2009 National Coalition for Literacy Leadership Award.

We are seeking an innovative and accomplished education leader and experienced President to lead this financially stable, nationally-respected organization. The President will have operational and strategic management responsibilities for fundraising, program development, evaluation, and administration through a team of management professionals.

We are looking for a President who will be a strong leader and champion for adult education programs regionally and nationally and will continue to build the reputation of Dorcas Place as a leading social agency. In depth knowledge of adult education, literacy, workforce development and educational best practices is required. The successful candidate will have at least ten years of significant experience as a senior manager or in an executive position in an adult education and literacy organization. S/he will have demonstrated strong partnership, networking and public policy advocacy skills.

Please contact:
Mary K. Morse
Travis & Company
mmorse at travisandco.com