[Numeracy 289] Re: What is numeracy?

Chip Burkitt chip.burkitt at orderingchaos.com
Mon Apr 5 01:15:41 EDT 2010

Michael and all,

As you describe it, I don't see a difference between literacy and
competence. Also, I'm not sure we should have such an instrumental view
of teaching. Often people's goals change in unexpected directions as
they learn more. Unless we offer more than students need, they won't
know enough to make informed decisions about what they want.

Chip Burkitt