[Numeracy 313] Re: Controversial News Articles

Chip Burkitt chip.burkitt at orderingchaos.com
Tue Apr 20 12:43:26 EDT 2010

Christine,

Regarding national standards, I agree. I can understand that states may
want to retain some authority on curriculum, but it just seems to make
sense to have a national minimum standard curriculum. I've heard some
fears expressed about federal "indoctrination" of our children, as if
state government were somehow safer than the federal government. As
someone who moved many times during my school years, I can testify to
how disjointed an education can be where there is no standard curriculum.

Chip Burkitt