[Numeracy 341] Re: Guest Presenters

George Demetrion gdemetrion at msn.com
Thu May 6 07:32:54 EDT 2010

Hi Denney,

I would like to participate in a substantial on theoretical perspectives on math pedagogy and how they play out in various adult education contexts.

I think there's room for careful work here, that includes but goes beyond the constructivist model that is pervasive in many quarters. What I'm getting at is how diverse philosophical and psychological perspectives are embedded in various tacit assumptions that get played out at the direct level of practice and how a more richly embodied practice, in turn, can become embodied through finer tuned appropriations of a broader range of theoretical perspectives.

Best,

George Demetrion

The Comprehensive Adult Educator

http://thecomprehensiveadulteducator.blogspot.com/2010/04/welcome.html