[Numeracy 370] Announce: Seeking Nominations for Literacy Leadership Awards - Due May 28

Jackie A. Taylor jackie at jataylor.net
Fri May 14 10:45:15 EDT 2010

[Please forward to your networks.Jackie Taylor]

Seeking outstanding adult literacy leaders!

Do you know someone who has made a significant difference in the field of
adult literacy, surmounted barriers, and been an inspiration for others to
do so?? If so, consider nominating him or her to the National Coalition for
Literacy (www.national-coalition-literacy.org) for a 2010 award. These
awards receive national coverage and are used to raise the visibility of
adult literacy issues among Congressional representatives and staff, media,
and educational partners. Mark your calendar for the September 15th award
reception in Washington, DC.

Submit the nominee's name, business title, and a brief explanation of why
this person should be considered as an outstanding leader. If selected, we
will ask for more information and complete contact and biographical
information.

Please submit nominations for the 2010 NCL Literacy Leadership Awards by May
28. Nominations should come directly to me at HSilver-Pacuilla at air.org (be
sure to receive an acknowledgment that I have received it).

The NCL Board of Directors will review nominations in the first week of
June. Watch for more details.

Thank you for your help to find the most outstanding leaders in our field.

Heidi Silver-Pacuilla, NCL Board Member

American Institutes for Research

1000 Thomas Jefferson St. NW

Washington, DC 20007