[Numeracy 405] Re: [SPAM] - Re: Transitioning from GED to Post-Secondary Ed - Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

CHERYL HAGERTY hagertyc at mtc.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:23:00 EDT 2010

Many of our students first enter the workplace, but with this economy they will need further training or education to enter a career, not just get a job. So while we will probably focus on what their immediate needs are, we should keep the thought that sometime in the future, they will enter at least the community college. We can let them know that sometime in the future, it will be helpful to know more than they know now.

I think that we as teachers sometimes forget that basic algebra is all about finding an unknown and we do that type of math in our ever day living. But if we haven't been taught the language and symbols of algebra, we don't put it in that format.

Cheryl Hagerty