[Numeracy 443] Re: New Ideas

Chip Burkitt chip.burkitt at orderingchaos.com
Fri Jul 30 16:40:59 EDT 2010

No, Margaret, you are right. It takes 101 days for 5 geese to lay 1
egg, so on average, it would take one goose 5 times as long or 505 days.
Instead of (55 / 5) = 11 followed by (5555 / 11) = 505, you did (5555 /
55) = 101 followed by (101 * 5) = 505. The basic insight is that one
goose takes 5 times as long as 5 geese to lay the same amount of eggs.

Chip Burkitt