[Numeracy 463] Puzzle/Thought of the Day

Istas, Brooke IstasB at cowley.edu
Thu Aug 5 10:48:30 EDT 2010

Hello All!

I have been working with my director on designing a research project
that will show quantitatively that Adult Educators know how to teach and
retain development math (numeracy) students who are not college ready
better than an on-line program. While I love the on-line math program
that is used by our mathematics department, I believe that low-level
learners need to build self-confidence, deal with their emotions, and
build connectivity. I am interested in what my colleagues think and
feel about on-line numeracy education. Can it be done?

Have a great day!

Brooke Istas

Thursday Puzzle:

John and a group of his friends took a bus trip. Each person paid the
bus driver with the same combination of 9 coins. If the bus driver
received $8.41 from the group, how many dimes did he receive?