[Numeracy 492] What does equality mean?

Michael Gyori michael_gyori at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 02:04:55 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

After all this discussion about what the equal sign (or equality) means, I find
myself somewhat in a maze.  A discussion of equality takes us into a potentially
esoteric realm from the perspective of our students.

Might it be time to attempt to more clearly (and simply!) define terms among
those who teach math?