[Numeracy 509] Monday Math Puzzle

Istas, Brooke IstasB at cowley.edu
Mon Aug 23 07:20:49 EDT 2010

Puzzle Question: A woman has two grandfather clocks in her house. One of the clocks does not run at all, and the other clock always loses an hour a day. Which of the clocks will display the correct time most often during any given week?

I hope that you all are enjoying the puzzles that I have been posting. I use these as "warm-up the brain" exercises for students as they come to class. Then we discuss the answers. It is a great way to start class and get the students ready to discuss math!

What other techniques do you use in your classes to get the students ready to engage their brains?

Have a great day!
Brooke