[Numeracy 545] Temporary List Shut Down Sept. 22-30

Lopez, Noreen Noreen.Lopez at ed.gov
Sun Sep 19 15:02:29 EDT 2010

All NIFL Discussion List Members:

I need to inform you that all Discussion List activity will need to cease from September 22 through September 30, 2010. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. This temporary freeze on posting will give us time to make all the necessary changes to transfer the Discussion Lists from NIFL to LINCS. All lists will resume on October 1, when your list moderators will send an email to current list members to begin the discussions.

The only change necessary on your part will be to address future email correspondence to the list to listname at lincs.ed.gov. – simply replacing @nifl.gov with @lincs.ed.gov. For example, Englishlanguage at nifl.gov<mailto:Englishlanguage at nifl.gov> becomes Englishlanguage at lincs.ed.gov<mailto:Englishlanguage at lincs.ed.gov> as of October 1.

All list archives will continue to be available on the current website until September 30 and on the new LINCS site as of October 1.

Due to an ever increasing number of spam emails and viruses we also are currently in the process of upgrading the anti-virus and spam software on the Discussion List email server. We take this opportunity to encourage you to ensure you are using an up to date anti-virus software product as well.

As the life of the Institute draws to an end we thank each of you for your participation in the many professional development opportunities the Institute has offered. We also take this opportunity to encourage you to continue your participation on the Discussion Lists as LINCS moves forward with funding from the Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education.

Let me also take this opportunity to invite you to the launch of the new LINCS Website on October 1, 2010. Come join us at the new Web address: http://lincs.ed.gov<http://lincs.ed.gov/>.

Sincerely,
Noreen Lopez
Senior Program Officer, Technology