[Numeracy 563] Deadline for the Adult Numeracy Network's Practitoner Research Project Proposals is fast approaching

mdr151 at aol.com mdr151 at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 21:12:34 EDT 2010

The deadline for practitioner research proposals is fast approaching. You are encouraged to think about writing a proposal for a practitioner research project sponsored by the Adult Numeracy Network. The Adult Numeracy Network (ANN) will sponsor two practitioner research projects to begin this fall and conclude before our annual meeting next spring. We would like practitioners to familiarize themselves with the ANN Teaching and Learning Principles and the Components of Numeracy and base their research project on some aspect of these two important documents. Selection of projects will be based on how well the practitioner follows the four components for practitioner research and utilizes an idea(s) from the Teaching and Learning Principles and/or the Components of Numeracy. The deadline for submission of proposals is October 31, 2010. Visit www.adultnumeracynetwork.org for information , to view some examples of past practitioner research projects, and to be informed about the application process.

Sincerely,

Pam Meader
Practitioner Research Committee Chair
Adult Numeracy Network