[Numeracy 582] Re: Cognitive levels on the GED math section and its implications for instruction

Kathy Bailey klb12534 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:14:37 EDT 2010

I read your article last year and started testing out two ideas right away
at our GED lab: using the analogy of calling a person by different names
doesn't change the person, and asking people what they thought the equal
sign meant. Yes, people thought equal meant doing something. It was so
intersting and very useful.
Thanks,
Kathy