[Numeracy 586] Re: QUESTION: Teaching math and numberacy skills to adults learning English

Kathleen Meilink meilinkk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:22:01 EDT 2010

Very interesting article.
I would be interested in reading the referred to 'Peppercorn Books offers a
booklet by Mary Jane Schmitt, "The Answer Is Still the Same...It Doesn't
Matter How You Got It!"' as I am a firm believer in students not being
taught just the formula or procedure but in learning WHY and thus
understanding the problem. However, since I haven't read the booklet, I am
unsure of context of 'getting the answer.' Is there a link to this booklet?
Kate