[Numeracy 620] Help with explanation of a problem

Istas, Brooke IstasB at cowley.edu
Wed Dec 1 11:40:09 EST 2010

Hello All!

An adult education instructor came to me with a question she couldn't
figure out. She was playing a math game in the class similar to
Jeopardy so the answers need to be in the form of questions. I find
myself perplexed and I think there might be a typo or something.
Therefore, we need some help from the field. Below is the problem:

Problem: X when two or more than this number is 44.

Answer: What is the number 6?

Any thoughts?

Brooke Istas

LINCS Math and Numeracy List Moderator