[Numeracy 792] Re: Math Dance

Miriam Green numeracy at nativewomens.com
Wed Mar 16 13:38:30 EDT 2011

Wow! Math dance probably works really well for some students. I think
there are similar ideas in the Waldorf approach to teaching math,
although I have not studied this enough to give examples.

I know I would have trouble getting my students to participate in this
kind of thing at this point; I struggled to convince them to try out
manipulatives, which they do use more or less as a matter of course
now. However, this is a whole new level of risk! I'm curious to see
the book.

Thanks for this fascinating discussion!
Miriam

Miriam Green
Curriculum Development Coordinator
Native Women's Association of the NWT
PO Box 2321
5017 - 49th Street, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P7
Phone: 867 873 5509
Fax: 867 873 3152