[SpecialTopics 93] Re: Persistence Strategies

Maurio, Rebecca RMaurio at carrollcc.edu
Mon Jul 10 12:55:53 EDT 2006

Great discussion and it's only early Monday! I appreciate hearing ideas
and learning what has worked in other settings - this topic is so
critical to our work!

Renata's comments lead me to ask - how can we help our funders and other
stakeholders to understand the realities our students and our programs
face? While we all need to be held to certain accountability measures,
there will be many students who can benefit from even what most would
consider irregular attendance - and I believe that's a good thing. How
can we demonstrate other benefits - perhaps without the number of hours
of attendance or without the score on a standardized post-test?

I also wonder - what activities and strategies are programs employing to
keep learners connected to their programs even when they cannot attend
regularly?

Thanks!
Becki

Becki Maurio