[SpecialTopics 772] Re: Formative assessment in adult foundation skills i...

Geriteaches22963 at aol.com Geriteaches22963 at aol.com
Tue Feb 26 13:24:28 EST 2008

Formative assessment doesn't require a tremendous amount of time and effort
in order to ascertain what our students are learning and what they are ready to
learn next. In my experience, formative assessment can be questioning during
class or what we term a ticket out the door. The ticket out the door can
take various forms: select a specific question to respond to or sum up the day's
lesson. I always like to include an area for the student to ask a question
(this is private, so they're more inclined to ask it on the card) for what they
need more help or information on.

Geri Hayden
VA Department of Correctional Education
SPED/504 Coordinator