[Technology 797] Re: Goofin around with a webcam

Bennett, Gina BENNETT at cotr.bc.ca
Fri Jan 5 17:43:18 EST 2007

I gotta agree with you, Barry, the quality of your audio & video is
surprisingly good. Could you please share the make & model of this
little gem? The built-in mike is quite a bit better than I would have
expected.

You were asking about applications... A colleague of mine in Sweden is
using a similar camera to teach math to his distance students (ABE
level). Here is the link if you are interested:
http://flerpart.hudiksvall.se/halsinge/default.asp?p=Streaming&s=Stream&
id={DABF81B0-F1DA-4EDA-8AED-A1037306CD37}

As you can see, my colleague just points his webcam at a whiteboard on
which he works out solutions to math problems. Of course, this video is
in Swedish but no doubt you get the idea. It is a very low-tech way to
do things but he says it works & the students use these videos
extensively, both to access the class from a distance & to review.

Gina Bennett