[Technology 878] Software

Burkett, Barry Barry.Burkett at Franklin.kyschools.us
Mon Feb 19 09:47:28 EST 2007

Hello all,

My learning center is in the process of applying for a grant that will
use one of these three software programs:
1. My Reading Coach, from Mindplay (www.mindplay.com)
2. Open Book, from C-tech Low Vision
(www.lowvisionproducts.com/openbook.htm)
3. Read On, from Steck-Vaughn
(http://steckvaughn.harcourtachieve.com/en-US/readon_home.htm)

Has anyone used these products? If yes, what are your impressions of
them? What are the programs limitations? In my brief look the only
literature I have been able to find out about them is from there
advertising... not what I would call an independent source.

Does anyone know of a website that compares these types
(literacy/technology) of products?

Barry Burkett, Adult Educator
Thorn Hill Learning Center
Frankfort, KY