[Technology 887] Re: Software Question

LaFerlazzo at aol.com LaFerlazzo at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 18:03:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I've posted earlier about my school's family literacy program of providing
computers and DSL service to immigrant families. If you didn't catch my
earlier posts, and want to learn more about the project, you can read about it at
_http://www.bayworld.net/ferlazzo/familyliteracy.html_
(http://www.bayworld.net/ferlazzo/familyliteracy.html)

My question for the list relates to a new family that is getting one of our
computers being in an area where DSL is not available, and we can't provide
dial-up service because of School District issues that are not worth going
into here.

Instead, we're going to spend the money (about $600) that we would have paid
for Internet Service on software the family can use to learn English.

I'd like to get recommendations about what you would recommend we purchase.
In addition to specific ESL software, we also want to buy CD Roms or
programs that just have a lot of lower-English level audio and animated stories with
the text.

Thanks!

Larry Ferlazzo

http://www.aol.com.