[Technology 1035] Re: Inmate computer use statistics?

Lynn Boza BozaL at michigan.gov
Wed May 23 15:34:36 EDT 2007

I'm quite sure that inmates do not have access to computers in Michigan.
In many respects, this becomes a barrier to reintegration, especially
for adjudicated youth. Part of the proposed new curriculum standards in
my state require that students know how to use the internet. I don't
know if this will change for adjudicated youth or others.

>>> dv1635 at wayne.edu 5/23/2007 1:58 PM >>>

Hi, I'm new to this listserve, I'm a MLIS student at Wayne State and am
trying to find
some current info on inmate access to computers. I've found some older

statistics, but nothing after 2000. I'm particularly interested in
issues regarding
internet access to prison inmates, and the degrees of technology
literacy among
inmates. I'd appreciate any leads.
Thanks,
Anna