[Technology 1043] Re: German to English translation software needed

nancy.friday at alphaplus.ca nancy.friday at alphaplus.ca
Thu May 24 15:50:11 EDT 2007

Hi Terry,

My colleague Matthias Sturm sends the following response to your request:

There seems to be plenty of professional translation services in these areas but
I only found two software programs. Good keywords to use on Google.de are
Automobilindustrie, Bauwesen, and Übersezungssoftware.

1) @promt - http://www.abitz.com/promt/promt_features.php3

This program translates trade specific vocabulary between German, English and
Russian but the two specific areas only between German and Russian as far as I
could see.

2) Langenscheidt -
http://www.langenscheidt.de/katalog/titel_langenscheidt_e-fachwoerterbuch_architektur_und_bauwesen_englisch_2978_0_475.html

This is a e-based German-English dictionary for architecture and the
construction industry; there may be other ones that relate the automotive
industry but it's not a translation software.

Nancy Friday

"Terry Shearer" <tshearer at esc4.net> on 05/23/2007 04:12:32 PM

Please respond to The Technology and Literacy Discussion List
<technology at nifl.gov>