[Technology 1124] Re: Your advice

Bonnie Odiorne bonniesophia at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 26 11:35:11 EDT 2007

Tommy,
Great idea. I don't think anyone in our online program has suggested this, and from the other side, I've seen writing center students struggle with their online instructors' instructions. i just hope they weren't doing the same in my online course.
Best,
Bonnie Odiorne, Ph.D. Adjunct professor, director, writing center, Post University

Ginnie Gorin <ggorin at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Steve- When you have finished compiling, can you please send me the updated list, too?
thnx, Ginnie Gorin
EASTCONN Adult Education
21 Valley Street
Willimantic, CT 06226

On 6/25/07, Steve Quann <steve_quann at worlded.org> wrote: Sure, David. I am still working through some suggestions that folks like Tommy McDonell sent me offline, so I will compile that and send that to the list. So if there are any more suggestions let me know in the next day or so. There are a number on computer basics and about the Internet, but I don't see many on email. And there are only a couple on word processing. I am also looking for a flash-animated tutorial from Australia,I think it was.
Thanks,

Steve Quann
World Education
44 Farnsworth Street
Boston, MA
617.482.9485

>>> "David J. Rosen" <djrosen at comcast.net > 6/23/2007 8:07 AM >>>

Hi Steve,

Could you send me your list? I want to add some of the keyboard
programs to the Literacy List.

Thanks,

David

On Jun 21, 2007, at 11:10 PM, Steve Quann wrote:

> I now feel like I have a number of good sites for keyboarding and

> basic computer use. Thanks all. If anyone has recent tutorials for

> word processing, email and Internet use let me know.

> Best,

> Steve Quann

> World Education

> 44 Farnsworth Street

> Boston, MA

> 617.482.9485

> I have used the "sense-lang" typing program with my learners (in a

> multi-level class) and they loved it! I highly recommend it.

> --Michelle Brown

> "skillipedia.com Haji" <skillipedia at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: A better

> flash program can be downloaded from http://www.sense-lang.org/

> typing/ - the best I've seen. You can install it or use it online.

> Viz

> LaFerlazzo at aol.com wrote: My favorite one for English Language

> Learners is, by far, Dance Mat Typing (http://www.bbc.co.uk/

> schools/typing/). It has audio support.

> Larry

> Email delivered to skillipedia at yahoo.co.uk

> Skillipedia:more than recruitment

> ---------------------------------

> New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing.

> Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games

> and win prizes.----------------------------------------------------

> Email delivered to mfbir at yahoo.com

> Michelle Faith Brown

> Michelle Faith Brown