[Technology 1202] Re: IRA Award to Larry Ferlazzo

Silver-Pacuilla, Heidi HSilver-Pacuilla at air.org
Sat Aug 11 08:45:50 EDT 2007

CONGRATULATIONS to Larry Ferlazzo, a contributor to our list (see his message from April below), who won the 2007 International Reading Association's Presidential Award for Reading and Technology for his work to create social online spaces for immigrant families. Thank you, Larry, for your work and also for raising the visibility of the need and potential among our family literacy populations with this prestigious award!
Here's the link to the award announcement: http://www.reading.org/association/awards/teachers_presidential.html

But there was a very nice article in the Reading Today newspaper that arrived at my home yesterday.

Congratulations on the recognition of your fine work!

Heidi Silver-Pacuilla, Ph.D.
Senior Research Analyst
American Institutes for Research
1000 Thomas Jefferson Street NW