[Technology 1227] Re: Homeland Security question

Debra Smith dlmsmith at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 16:05:54 EDT 2007

Everytime I hear about this issue, I wonder if the existence of these free
electronic resources will lead to huge reductions in government funding for
the face-to-face adult education programs currently provided by the states.
With that possibility in mind, I'm also concerned about potential students'
lack of computers and Internet access, not to mention the relative benefits
of learning exclusively online versus learning in a classroom with
colleagues and teachers. But if this new resource will be an addition to our
current resources rather than a replacement for all or part of what we're
doing now, I'm all for it.
Debra Morris Smith